Here we go.

19 March 2010

Gripey Fitzgriperson

I try not to be so outward with my annoyance with Saint Patrick's day, but I still haven't gotten over that one year in grade school where I forgot to wear green, or worse, that one year where I wore the "wrong shade" of green and got pinched beyond recognition. These days, I wear gross amounts of green every March 17, under complete duress, to keep pinchers and creeps (At my work, it's attorneys and the building maintenance crew) at bay. I think the throngs of green beer-drinking hooligans who deck themselves out in Leprechaun hats and "Kiss Me" gear have ruined a perfectly good holiday, too. Nothing turns me off more than someone shouting "Woooooo!" in my face with a tongue that's a sickly green hue.
I prefer my celebrations low-key and with food & friends (shocker!): Irish breakfast (hold the puddings), Irish stew, soda bread & Guinness. Maybe I can put something together for next year. That said, "May the road rise to meet you & the wind be always at your back!"

Masala Grill + Tea House was such a disappointment. It makes me sad & angry when a restaurant serves frozen goods and passes it off as their own. Collin, KMHD & I are certain that they went to the Asian Market, which is in the same shopping center, to get their samosas, naan, and possibly their pakora. We'd know because we've bought these things from the same market! Collin was so close to taking them aside in private and confronting them about it. The entrees left much to be desired and I'm not too happy that we had to purchase rice on the side instead of it coming with the meal. As much as I'd like to give them a second chance to let them get their bearings, I just don't know if it was just a simple bad night. They did have a fantastic mango lassi. I didn't try any teas; while the decor is nice, simple & neat, it really didn't give off a tea house feel and everything was so sub par that I just decided against getting a pot. PASS. There's always Layla's, which, granted, is a different ethnicity, but it's similarities will give you what you need/want.

So, even though it is my aim to "keep it simple", there are so many decisions involved with planning a wedding celebration party. I don't feel overwhelmed & I have the benefit of time, but dang ya'll! How did anyone ever do this? It's so silly with all of the things that companies and St. Martha try to convince you need and then try to sell it to you. Maybe I should just write a list of 'wants' and 'don't wants' and just go from there. And hopefully, because you can't choose your family and we've got a multi-cultural/religious situation on our hands, I hope everyone (including co-workers and friends) will just let ATM & I be ourselves & be totally stoked about our beginning our forever. There's no other way. A-men.

I am so glad the weekend is here. Are you ready to watch UAPB slaughter Duke and ruin most all of the March Madness brackets? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!







2 comments:

kmhd said...

Fuck me, I'm Irish. :(

d'arezzo said...

Hey, I don't have your email... I had a question/proposal for you. andrew dot dare zzo gee mail. Cheers!

Blog Archive